“A WRITER IS A WORLD TRAPPED IN A PERSON.” – VICTOR HUGO
“From pop culture fantasies to wild conspiracy theories to the latest scientific thinking, This Book Is From the Future is a fascinating exploration of our collective obsession with time. Jones and Flaxman cover the subject from just about every angle, with a dash of humor and the serious scientific curiosity it deserves.”
–Stephen Wagner, About.com Paranormal Guide
“It is a very engaging read about how time travel has captured our imaginations and how today’s scientists are taking the subject very seriously. Written in a friendly newsy way…You will find a number of surprising discoveries awaiting you.”
–Fred Alan Wolf, PhD, aka Dr. Quantum, author of Time Loops and Space Twists and The Yoga of Time Travel
The idea of time travel has tantalized humans for millennia. We can send humans into space, but roaming through time has eluded us. Do the laws of physics demand that we stay forever trapped in the present?
This Book Is From the Future will explore:
- Time travel theories and machines of the past, present, and future.
- Time and the multiverse: why wormholes, parallel universes, and extra dimensions might allow for time travel.
- The paranormal aspects of time: Might we already be “mentally” time traveling?
- Mysterious time shifts, slips, and warps that people are reporting all over the world. Are we experiencing coexisting timelines?
- Time travel conspiracy theories: Are we already walking among real time travelers? Has a real time machine already been created in a top-secret